Senior Platform Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
About Beyond Finance
Beyond Finance is committed to reducing the stress of customers facing the burden of debt. Our leadership team has extensive experience and expertise in the financial services and debt management marketplace. We are currently in the process of reimagining our technology platform and operational processes to emerge as a technology company providing debt management solutions to our customers. If we get it right, we’ll help free folks from debt and that’s a great reason to come to work everyday.
Hiring During the Pandemic
Beyond Finance is committed to employee health and safety. We’ve built and implemented a plan to conduct remote interviewing and onboarding. Although we’d like to get back to the office one day, we’re committed to doing so in a safe, responsible manner to ensure minimum risk for our employees and their families.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to help us build a new enterprise-grade core platform composed of AWS-hosted microservices and back-end integrations. You must be results-driven and able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, and test the core components of our enterprise platform
- Focus on code quality, test coverage, internal best practices
- Collaborate closely with Product Management on project requirements and scope
- Work with our Web, Salesforce, and QA engineering teams to deliver new functionality in a timely manner
- Mentor other Software Engineers as needed
What We Look For
- Passion for software engineering and innovation
- Business acumen – effectively understanding, prioritizing, and meeting business needs
- Expertise in Node.js for server-side development and third-party integrations
- Ability to build and consume APIs -- REST and GraphQL
- Experience with AWS features: Lambda, API Gateway, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Cache, etc.
- Strong understanding of microservice concepts, design patterns, and best practices
- Comfortable working with Docker containers and Serverless Framework
- Data modeling with relational and NoSQL databases
- Writing comprehensive unit tests with jest
- Partner with SDETs maintaining integration tests with Postman, Selenium, or similar
- Using CircleCI and/or Jenkins for continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Ability to troubleshoot production issues quickly in unfamiliar code
- Experience with releasing to production multiple times per day
Why join us?
We are looking for great people to join our fast-paced, growing, and innovative business and make a positive impact.
- 4 weeks to unlimited PTO
- 401k with company match
- Health, dental, vision, and commuter benefits
More importantly, our team spirit and culture are what really sets us apart as a company. We’re a world-class Financial Technology company that loves what we do…and we have fun doing it!
*Beyond Finance is an equal opportunity Employer*