Senior Platform Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have built some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are exceptionally proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to develop an open culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a phenomenal place to come to work every single day to pursue your passions.
Take-Two Interactive is seeking a Sr. Platform Engineer with Slack expertise to join the Workplace Engineering team. This team partners closely with both internal colleagues and staff across various game studios to use Slack and ServiceNow as platforms where collaboration, automation, and ultimately employee engagement can thrive.
The successful candidate should have a deep understanding of the Slack platform and be proficient in devising unique solutions that further enhance or build new opportunities for automation. The applicant should feel comfortable and enjoy implementing solutions to inefficient processes and workflows and be confident communicating effectively across multiple departments.
What You Will Take On:
You’ll help remove barriers to customer adoption of Slack and integrate with other tools for the benefit of our employees. Building trusting relationships with colleagues with diverse skillsets is a requirement for members of the Workplace Engineering team who are focused on aligning technology, employees and business processes to improve operational efficiency and meet our organizational goals.
This position requires priority management, social skills, and a customer-centric demeanor. The Sr. Platform Engineer will be essential in ensuring our end user’s experience interacting with data is more efficient, pleasant, and productive with an eye toward velocity, stability, and scale.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Building documentation and policies to help steer users and developers towards proper practices in development, collaboration, and security.
- Obsess over the employee user experience of our enterprise applications and services.
- Bridge the communication from end-users, leadership, and the Slack vendor.
- Deploying reliable solutions that communicate securely with internal and external services.
- Build frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities utilizing Slack.
- Proficient and enthusiastic about being a hands-on contributor.
- Identify product and technology gaps where integration between Slack and other applications could improve and enhance the end user experience.
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of our Digital Workplace initiative.
- Help build, plan, and implement process improvements where processes may be immature or non-existent.
- Work with engineering partners to continuously improve partnerships, automation, and drive process efficiency.
- Work with InfoSec team to ensure all implementations and changes are performed safe and secure.
- Ensure we meet our goals by clearly communicating key achievements and accomplishments, authoritatively able to declare any time there are risks to our commitments.
- Continually find ways to make our development process more efficient, so we can deliver high-quality features and revisions to our end users more quickly.
What You Bring:
- Domain level expertise in Slack administration.
- Proven understanding of Enterprise SaaS applications and collaboration technologies.
- Strong skillset in REST API development and integrations.
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence partners from various roles, levels and profiles to drive collaboration and chip in to our Digital Workplace initiatives.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with multi-functional partners
- Passion for increasing end user happiness and enhancing our workplace initiatives.
- Comfortable and willing to train technical and non-technical staff in Slack capabilities and standard methodologies.
- Enthused about explaining complex technical concepts and sharing your knowledge with diverse audiences both internally and externally.
- Self-motivated and proactive teammate.
- Passionate about technology, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to a constantly evolving landscape.
- Ability to work autonomously but also optimal able to communicate progress, challenges, and changes to Workplace Engineering management.
- Technically skilled in various languages and frameworks such as Node, Angular, Java, Spring, Python, Bootstrap, etc.
- Familiarity working with various APIs including Zoom, GitHub, ServiceNow, OAuth, Jira, O365 and GSuite, and AWS.
- Based in NYC.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Enjoy Life. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to crafting and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.