Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
We are looking for talented, passionate Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to join our cloud engineering team Berlin and evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. You will be part of an existing team that has been tasked with building, scaling and managing Snowflake's FoundationDB and other database clusters to enable and accelerate Snowflake's rapid growth. You will get to be a technology thought leader and solve complex problems.
AS A SENIOR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable and resilient Database Infrastructure.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Develop automation for maintenance tasks and upgrades of database clusters and services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Plan and lead complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
OUR IDEAL SENIOR CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years experience in a platform or dev-ops team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- At least 2+ years experience with distributed database systems ( FoundationDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc. )
- Strong coding skills in Python or Go.
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets - Terraform, Vault, Packer etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible.
- Firm grasp of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Strong sysadmin background, demonstrated knowledge of OS lifecycle management managing complex OS upgrades preferably with RHEL or CentOS.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?