Software Engineer Intern, DevOps/SRE (Summer 2021)
Redwood City, CA
The Cloud Operations team at Poshmark fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, large-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You'll use your interest in site operations/DevOps and your experience writing code to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues.
What You’ll Do:
Over 10 weeks the Intern will work on a challenging project designed to blend Automation and Operational work. The projects can involve developing automation scripts, plugins and apps to monitor the availability and security of our large scale system as well as assist with application deployments, testing and building new automation systems. You will be assigned a mentor and peer-level buddy to help you throughout your internship to make sure you have an incredible Internship experience.
Experience relevant to Poshmark:
- Pursuing a CS degree (or related field)
- Familiarity with working in Linux/Unix environments
- Exposure to GIT/SVN
- Ability and passion to learn, research, test new technologies
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- A curious nature with a desire to tackle and solve complex problems
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hack-a-thons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, volunteer coding experience, conference participation, Grace Hopper, etc.)
Things that catch our eye:
- Exposure to HTTP protocol, SSL, and REST API’s.
- Familiarity with any Cloud solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with: Tomcat, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with five million Seller Stylists helping 40 million users discover items they love from over 75 million listings. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive pay, based on experience
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.