Cloudreach is the leading multi-cloud services provider. Our mission is to help companies navigate their unique journeys to the cloud and build new foundations for future growth. We’re a team of multi-cloud natives with certifications across AWS, GCP and Azure. Businesses that work with Cloudreach adopt cutting-edge technologies to solve challenges and create new opportunities. Working exclusively on public cloud, we deliver unrivaled value for more than 1000 enterprise clients globally.
Behind our services are our Cloudreachers.
We pride ourselves on being the go-to destination for curious, talented, and driven people looking for unique work experiences to maximize their potential. We are passionate about asking questions, finding solutions, playing with the latest tools & technology, doing our lives' work, and having fun along the way. You can learn more about our innovative culture, global workforce, and Cloudy Values on our website.
We're not content with the status quo. We're here to do things better, and then do better things.
What team will you be on?
The core mission of a Platform Engineer is to be part of a high-performing platform engineering team of Cloudreach engineers delivering a cutting edge Managed Services platform which underpins Cloudreach Managed Services Business and is vital for its success and growth.
Your primary focus will be on delivering platform tooling and components of the highest quality within timeframes defined by our roadmaps and Cloudreach leadership.
The Platform Engineer is a hands-on expert in cloud technology, DevOps and automation, who is able to take on the development of the platform components, mentor engineers in their areas of expertise and contribute to operational excellence within the team.
Cloudreach Cloud Operations forms the heart of our managed services delivery, using a software-first approach. This team operates 24/7 from our locations in Edinburgh, UK; Vancouver, BC and Pune, IN. Our SRE-led approach is unique in the marketplace, and is suitable for traditional operational models or Agile methodologies.
What will your role be?
- Own the design, development and maintenance of managed platform tooling and platform components to meet Cloud Operations delivery expectations.
- Drive innovation in tooling and technology
- Be a DevOps advocate, focus on process and workflow automation increasing efficiency of Cloud Operations
- Scope - Works within Platform Engineering and across the Cloud Operations Engine
- Delivery - Responsible for small non-routine projects or sub-projects that may be critical to Cloud Ops delivery.
What are we looking for?
- Hands on - solid hands-on experience developing software solutions in Python.
- Software engineering - at least 3 years of experience in software engineering. Solid understanding of software architecture and design of large scale, distributed systems and experience of their implementation. Good level and experience developing automation with Python. Practical experience with Serverless framework is a plus.
- DevOps - good understanding of DevOps concepts and best practices. Experience of working with automation at scale using CSP and third party orchestration tools
- Cloud - Understands the constraints and opportunities presented by cloud platform services, and how they fit into both operational delivery and customer solutions. Has minimum 1 years of hands-on experience with at least one cloud provider. CSP certification in the field of Architecture/DevOps is a must. Practical experience with Terraform is a plus.
- Systems engineering - operating systems, networking and scripting.
- Autonomy - Makes judgements and decisions within a broadly defined approach and with minimal supervision. Can analyse a wide range of situations and resolve them in creative ways, demonstrating good judgement.
- Collaboration - Challenges, supports and guides peers; develops network with senior internal and external colleagues.
- Leadership - May lead sprints or small projects within areas of specialism.
- Incident management - Adopts subject matter expert roles for typical incidents, demonstrates key skills, escalates when necessary and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Customer focus - Participates in stakeholder discussions at all phases of development, and is able to translate stakeholder requirements into engineering solutions.
What are our perks?
- Meaningful and impactful work opportunities at a pioneering, cutting edge cloud services provider
- People-first mentality. We know that you and your mental health & wellbeing are #1. That’s why we give you an uncapped holiday allowance (+ your birthday off!), employee assistance programs, and resources to support your mental health & wellbeing.
- We embrace technologies that unlock agile & flexible ways of working. We respect our people to do their work when and how they work best. Work-life blend is a priority!
- Our dynamic work environment enables autonomy while also promoting a sense of belonging to a global community
- Opportunity for growth & development. Not only will you work alongside and learn from industry thought leaders, you will also be reimbursed for function-based certifications. We’re multi-cloud and proud!
- An inclusive workplace where varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view are celebrated and the individual is respected, included and empowered to bring their whole self to work
- Transparency in business updates & communications. Whether you’re on the senior leadership team or a brand new employee, you’re an integral part of the team and we’ll make sure you know what’s up
- Recognition-rich company culture where daily wins are celebrated and individuals living out our values are applauded
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination and ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.