Senior Devops Engineer
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will operate and help improve IT solutions that deliver secure, seamless experiences for people. We’re looking for an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer with expertise in building automation of corporate systems infrastructure. This person needs to be able to collaborate closely with a team of highly skilled engineers to keep the services that our whole Snowflake team depends on to get their work done safe and reliable. This involves being highly responsive, thinking critically as to the request versus policy and always having a customer service perspective.
- Has a “can do” attitude and enjoys participating with a global team
- Works with a high degree of integrity and accountability
- Results oriented, leveraging metrics to make decisions
- Enjoys a very fast paced, growing organization
- Plan, deploy and upgrade new and existing security technologies services that align with Snowflake’s defense in depth strategy
- Partner with Global IT staff for the automation of management tools for endpoint software and provisioning
- Work with Global IT staff and Security Operations teams to investigate and resolve problems associated with security issues
- Remediate discovered vulnerabilities that meet defined SLA’s to ensure the highest defense posture possible
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The Sr. DevOps Engineer must demonstrate a proven ability to meet objectives in a highly global, collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Advanced scripting skills via Python and/or BASH for use in automation of daily tasks
- Familiar with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform
- Familiar with REST APIs and automations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize service requests with minimal supervision, excellent organizational skills, a teamwork approach and the ability to act independently to solve problems
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, resiliency in the face of continual change, and ability to handle high demands
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with programming/scripting language such as Python
- You have advanced knowledge of Linux and/or Microsoft system administration
- Strong understanding of patch management methodology and software packaging
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS technologies such as Azure, AWS
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including overtime and after-hours work. Must be periodically on call for after-hours support
- BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience in a computer science or engineering field
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?