At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Director, DevOps
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada
Kinaxis is looking for a talented candidate to provide strong leadership in the DevOps team. Some of the team's responsibilities:
- Lead a growing team, with manager and architect direct reports
- Ensure the evolution of our cloud strategy
- Ownership of many of the key technologies in the software stack
- Orchestration, cloud/data-center abstraction and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Evolve our data center Managed Services
- Strengthening the CI/CD pipeline
- Drive for automation and self-serve for many R&D operational imperatives
- Be the R&D champion for the support, operations and customer IT personas
- Run mock-production environments and partner with our Cloud Services team to ensure they can operate our cloud environments, and seamlessly deploy, monitor and support our customer environments.
If you have a passion for leading awesome teams, and a strong track record of delivering high quality software and are looking for professional growth, then this opportunity is for you.
In this role you will report to the VP of Product Operations and will work closely with other development teams, test, SaaS operations, product management and business partners to continually expand the footprint and adoption of the RapidResponse platform and to help strengthen the DevOps culture at Kinaxis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying the Agile/Scrum development methodology to produce high quality software, in a continuous delivery fashion.
- Participating in technical design discussions and helping to drive the team to make great decisions;
- Driving the adoption of new technologies for many aspects of the software stack;
- Motivating – and growing - a high-performance team of software engineers and leaders.
- Working with a large number of key stakeholders across the company to build a culture of automation and efficiency.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent
- Dynamic leader with excellent communication skills, adaptability, initiative and collaborative spirit
- 10-15 years solid track record in software development environment
- 5+ years in an R&D leadership role. Experience leading leaders is a definite asset.
- Ability to provide technical mentorship and coaching
- Significant demonstrated experience in DevOps best practices
- Significant demonstrated experience executing on strengthening the business objectives
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Orchestration, Infrastructure-as-Code, Cloud services
- Experience delivering SaaS products is a definite asset
- Understanding of manufacturing analytics in support of demand management, supply management, inventory optimization and sales and operations planning is a definite asset.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
Kinaxis invites candidates to apply to its welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org