Senior DevOps Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
At Expanse, we believe that making the internet a safer place for our customers matters, and this team is right at the forefront of that mission.
As a member of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between development, operations, and infrastructure. You will partner with the engineering team to deliver high-quality code backed by services such as Google Cloud DataFlow, Bigtable, Kafka, AWS RDS. You’ll work on improving our agile process, enabling rapid feature development, and automating infrastructure management through the use of technologies like Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Prometheus in a multi-cloud environment.
DevOps at Expanse powers our business by building a great platform and enabling rapid product delivery across the organization. We work alongside Development on every project. We design. We code. We deliver. And we have fun while doing it. If this sounds interesting to you then contact us. We want to learn more about you.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the development team to configure, support, and improve the infrastructure of our Big Data platform.
- Be the primary owner of our cloud infrastructure.
- Be the primary owner of our Kubernetes platform.
- Be the primary owner of our monitoring, alerting, and logging observability infrastructure.
- Participate in the DevOps Agile Sprint process.
- Practice an infrastructure as code approach to system management.
- Drive continuous process feedback improvement.
- Participate in on-call rotation, respond to alerts, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Expert in at least one Public Cloud (AWS or GCP).
- Expert in design and implementation of Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Experience working with developers and using Helm to deploy new services
- Experience designing and managing large auto-scaling environments
- Proficiency operating large distributed datastore systems like ElasticSearch and RDBMS such as Postgres (if you have experience with HBase or Cassandra on the NoSQL side or another RDBMS like MySQL, that's good too)
- Experience with monitoring large infrastructures using tools such as Prometheus or Grafana
- Experience with distributed Linux systems administration
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in any programming language or scripting using Bash, Python
- Experience with message queueing systems like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.