DevOps Team Lead
UC DevOps Team Lead
Fuze is a global, cloud-based unified communications platform that empowers productivity and delivers insights across the enterprise by enabling simplified business voice communications, flexible video conferencing, and always-on collaboration. Fuze (formerly ThinkingPhones) allows the modern, mobile workforce to seamlessly communicate anytime, anywhere, across any device.
At Fuze we are passionate about building software that enables teams to work together more effectively. We want to harness the power of video and high quality audio to build a communications and collaboration product that is intuitive, easy to use, reliable, elegant and above all visually stunning.
In the UC DevOps Team Lead role, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of UC infrastructure and services that make up our core Voice Platform.
In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with the development teams that are developing the services. Ideally you share our passion for system automation and monitoring, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the deployment, testing & validation of our world-class solutions.
An adept with linux and open source configuration management tools, you take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing services at both the infrastructure and application level. This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth, and lead a team of like minded people working towards the same goal.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Lead team of UC DevOps dealing with daily operational issues
- Day to day management of our geographically distributed core Voice Platform
- Work with the development teams on new designs and services
- Contribute to the company strategy for continuous delivery
- Project based work including software upgrades, centralized logging, automated monitoring, automated configuration management or particular pieces of the environment, load testing, exploring alternative tools to incorporate into the environment, etc.
- Rolling out major changes and provide Tier 2/3 support during maintenance windows
- Develop and implement HA and failover designs
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Previous experience with AWS and AWS services (Elastic beanstalk , RDS , Route 53, VPCs, etc)
- Operational experience with hosting java web applications
- Operational experience with Apache, Tomcat and HAproxy
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux OS
- Experience with centralized configuration management tools, such as Chef or Ansible
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Advanced scripting experience (e.g. bash, perl, python, ruby)
- Previous experience leading devops teams
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, HAproxy, Nginx, Undertow
- Experience with Kubernetes or ECS
- Experience with Kafka and Zookeeper
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven
- Experience with Consul and Vault
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. PostGres, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms with a microservices architecture
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios, splunk, CloudWatch)
- Previous experience with DevOps and agile methodologies