Senior DevOps Consultant
Bucharest, Bucuresti, RO
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a DevOps Consultant responsible for working with the team on developing a new application.
- Communicating with the team members (clients and internal users) about issues they are seeing with the production systems involved, understanding and addressing the main concerns, diagnosing and solving the problems.
- Implementation and management of continuous build / deployment scripts.
- Day to day cooperation with development and testing teams.
- Provide supervision and technical expertise to individual agile teams around DevOps best practices and approaches
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- General Sys-Admin knowledge - servers, vm, linux, networking, Ansible
- Software Development lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge familiar with concepts like CI, CD
- Capabilities to deploy and integrate pipelines using the following tools
- Release management: JIRA, Jenkins, GIT, SonarCube, Artifactory
- Configuration Management & Automation : Ansible
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes
- 4 + years experience on the same or similar position
- Fluent English language
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible CD CI Git Jira Kubernetes Linux