Infrastructure Architect (Vmware & Cloud Technology)
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Infrastructure Architect, you are responsible to design and implement information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. You will ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and support the development of new technologies and system requirements. You will lead and direct a team and report directly to top management. You are responsible for core L1 up to L5 and integration with all layers to accomplish your core duty of designing and implementing complex computer systems.
Analyze System Requirements
- Analyses existing systems to ensure they offer adequate security and are effectively meeting the needs of the organization
- Coordinate with all areas of the organization to see that the system is working as optimally as it should.
- Analyze business requirements to identify where they can integrate new hardware, operating systems, or connectivity solutions.
- Based on your knowledge of IT and their analysis of the systems’ needs, you will recommend alternative technologies or improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals, such as financial improvements and business growth opportunities. These recommendations are presented clearly and understandably to senior management.
- Lead the design and review processes for new systems. You will develop and document the proposed technical design for the integration and implementation of any new software, working across the whole IT scopes
- Create detailed plans for the integration of new systems architecture into existing infrastructure. This includes logistical plans for the Operations areas to actually conduct the physical integrations, during which you will provide technical direction and support.
- After a new system has been integrated, you will participate in evaluating the success of the project, identifying best practices and lessons learned. You will provide feedback to leadership and incorporate this information into future integration plans
- Analyze existing systems to ensure that these systems provide the necessary security to meet the needs of the organization
- Ensure that overall system performance meets client expectations
- Identify the business requirements and incorporate new hardware, operating systems or connectivity solutions within the confines of existing Cloud Architecture and Automation
- Understand encryption protocols
- Ability to analyze System Requirements and evaluate and recommend alternative Technologies and Improvements
- Prior experience in Lead Design and Review of New Systems, Plan for Integration and evaluate Projects and ensure that Requests for Service (RFS) from the customer align with current cloud architecture before solutioning
- Deep knowledge of Storage and Backup technologies,
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Total 12+ years’ experience with minimum 6+ Years of experience in Infrastructure Architects
- Proven Program and Project management experience
- Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions
- Working knowledge of client-server networking and database management
- Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
- Validated experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Proven written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Deep understanding of Cloud Architecture/Technologies and VMWARE eSXI Architecture design, knowledge and planning
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of Web server and application server administration and web applications deployment
- Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.) desirable
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications in Windows 2008 or Windows 2012 desirable
- Knowledge of Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P), CCIE.
- Understanding of and ability to work on server Operating Systems such AIX, LINUX and Windows
- Full VMware family of products knowledge
- Understanding of PSeries and eSXI hosting technologies
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Linux VMware Web applications Windows