IC Electronic Design Automation Engineer
Redmond, WA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IC ELECTRONIC DESIGN AUTOMATION ENGINEER
- Work with IT and design teams to develop, maintain and support a company-wide electronic design automation (EDA) computer system infrastructure
- Work closely with semiconductor foundries as well as EDA tool providers for any technology evaluation setup or tool and project design kit updates
- Develop, maintain and support script program automation and user environments, used with vendor supplied EDA software systems for RF design entry, simulation, layout, and layout verification. Analog, RF and mixed signal design software systems include Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Keysight, AWR, ANSYS, and others
- Develop, maintain and support various script programs used by designers to submit jobs to high performance compute (HPC) scheduled clusters
- Develop, maintain and support digital design verification, synthesis, power simulation, regressions, and etc.
- Develop inter-organizational multi-location working relationships with EDA engineering, corporate IT, and various design engineering teams to reach shared objectives, and provide timely response to user requests for help
- Provide general direct user support and system administration assistance to users, within a mixed Windows and Linux computing environment, including assistance with the installation and setup of EDA software tools, and subsequent requests for help
- Assist with the setup, maintenance and support of configuration management systems (e.g., Cliosoft, Perforce), for Linux and Windows users
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and support of various EDA software system licensing, for Linux and Windows user access
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering
- 5+ years of experience in the field of EDA-CAD solutions for CMOS digital and/or RF solutions
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering
- Broad IT and shell scripting knowledge
- Broad knowledge of foundry design kits and skill code expertise
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows computer systems and networks for EDA-CAD and general applications (EDA-CAD systems administration)
- Proficiency in writing Linux shell scripts and general programming (e.g., Perl, shell, TCL and/or Python)
- Familiarity with compute server grid systems and server load balancing software
- Familiarity with analog and RF EDA software such as Mentor, Keysight-ADS, AWR-MWO, Ansys-HFSS (developing and maintaining custom user infrastructure)
- Familiarity with synthesis, simulation, verification, and regression tools. Familiarity with tools from Cadence and Synopsys or Mentor
- Excellent team work, communication and interpersonal skills
- Handy in writing skill codes to improve Cadence menus and facilitate design experience or improve design reliability
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.