DevOps Engineer: Build and Release
Toronto, ON, Canada
Our hosted cloud-based platform combines enterprise communications such as voice, video, mobility, presence, collaboration, and messaging all on a hosted platform.
As a build and release engineer, you will be critical to our continued success and will be entrusted with the design, integration, and management of the build system for the platform’s services.
Ideally, you share our passion for system automation, and will continually identify opportunities to further automate the testing & validation of our world-class solutions as well as their integration into our global data centres. An adept expert with Linux and open source applications you take a development approach to managing, orchestrating, and optimizing services at both the operating systems and application services level. Put quite simply, you work hard to ensure that you don’t have to do the same task twice.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting business that is poised for significant growth. You will work closely with the management team, which has a proven track record of building successful companies in the SaaS and enterprise software space!
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Participating in development scrums
- Day to day management of distributed CentOS nodes in a Cloud Environment
- Work with the Development teams to design and support our UC platform as a whole
- Project-based work including new product deployments, configuration and deployment automation, testing, exploring alternative tools for the environment, etc.
- Documentation of designs and procedures.
Essential Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, college or equivalent work experience
- 5 years Linux Systems Administration experience
- Familiarity with Software Development lifecycles and best practices
- Expert-level familiarity with Linux Operating Systems
- Expert-level familiarity with Jenkins, Docker and Git
- Intermediate-level familiarity with Chef, Terraform
- Operational experience with AWS
- Advanced scripting experience required (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills for problems that span multiple domains (applications, network, system)
- The position requires an organized, highly motivated individual that has excellent project and task management skills
- Hands-on experience with EC2, S3 and EBS preferred
- Strong experience with Jenkins, Docker, SonaType Nexus
- Experience building and supporting high performance / high availability platforms
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Prometheus, Splunk, CloudWatch)