Devops Engineer - Network-Security Automation Developer
Budapest, Budapest, HU
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a new Colleague to our Network-Security Team that provides support for clients from Budapest. The team is working from the office remotely with firewalls and proxies and IPSs that are located in various datacenters. The role is to be fulfilled in officetime, from the office, occasional homeoffice is possible.
This specific role requires devops background per the requirements, and also knowledge concerning firewall/network automation, the Colleague will be responsible to create automation/scripts in context of Checkpoint R80 firewalls and TUFIN SC/ST mainly, and handle other similar topics as well as a last level expert. Existing deep TUFIN knowledge and TCSE certification is heavily preferred, in case this is missing the related education must be completed and the certification has to be acquired within a reasonable timeframe after onboarding.
- Taking part in internal and Customer-ordered projects
- Testing, developing, and implementing scripts and automation solutions in context of Network-Security delivery
- Support the IT processes with own expertiese in the areas of Service Level Management, Availability Management, Capacity Management, Release Management, IT Service Continuity Management, Order Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management
- Communicating and cooperating within the team and other teams and mangement
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Health/insurance related benefits (private health insurance, pension plan contribution, life insurance)
- Flexible benefit elements (SZÉP card, AYCM sports card, School Support, Local Travel Pass)
- Commuting and relocation support
- Special discounts with IBM card
- International environment
- Development and career opportunities
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent programming skills in Linux shell scripting, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, Python, restAPI, Pearl
- Very solid understanding of network concepts (around CCNP level)
- Experience with firewall or network automation
- Experience with remote management of Checkpoint security devices (firewall and NIPS, R77/R80)
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Good problem solving skills for complex troubleshooting tasks
- Motivation to develop own professional skills continuously
- Willingness to work independently but also with the team
- Higly responsible work attitude, attention to details
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
On top of the required skills the below can be advantage:
- TCSE certification (Tufin Certified Security Expert)
- Deep knowledge of and experience with TUFIN SecureChange and SecureTrack
- CCNP certification or equivalent other vendor certification
- Extensive experience with CISCO security solutions
- fluent Hungarian spoken and written
- fluent German spoken and written
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Linux MySQL PHP PostgreSQL Python