Infrastructure Engineer, Product Delivery
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
At HashiCorp, we build Consul, Nomad, Vault, Terraform, Packer, and Vagrant. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-Time Remote Employee within the US or Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
The Product Delivery team is focused on developing and maintaining our HashiCorp platform to help meet the needs of our customers and internal users. This role will be working closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to help create an optimal product setup experience for various use cases and across multiple clouds. This team will be part of Engineering Services, which is committed to supporting all of our product teams in their delivery of high-quality software that meets all of the obligations of our contributors, practitioners, and customers.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely with our Sales and Customer Success teams to solicit feedback on customer needs.
- Support our Enterprise Architect team in building out reference architectures for our products.
- Coordinate with our Security team to validate and implement best security practices.
- Develop and maintain Terraform modules to build out solutions for our products.
- Build out a testing pipeline for our Terraform modules across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Implement various scalability tests to find the limits of our reference architecture.
- Develop interesting benchmarking scenarios like the Million Container Challenge.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You are comfortable and enthusiastic about adopting the HashiCorp way of building systems using an infrastructure as code approach and taking advantage of immutable infrastructure.
- You have experience with Terraform.
- You have experience with Bash or other scripting languages.
- You have familiarity with configuration management tools and a thoughtful understanding of when and how to use them.
- You have experience operating AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud including access control (IAM) and some network topology design.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You have experience with Go or a similar language or are willing to learn.
- You have a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- You are driven to make iterative improvements as we mature our systems and organization.
- You enjoy collaborative development and sharing your work to get feedback.
About the Application Process
Please note, as communication is a critical aspect to how we work, a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. In your cover letter, tell us about why you’re interested in working at HashiCorp, or share with us an experience you’ve had with a HashiCorp product and what you liked or would improve about it next time.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.