Remote - San Francisco, California, United States
As DevOps Engineer, you will oversee the delivery of our software solutions to our US customer base in conjunction with our infrastructure support team. You will play a key role in ensuring availability of cloud service, security of client data and smooth delivery of new code releases and longer-term architecture projects, including on-premise deployments of software. You will also work closely with the remote development team (based in Edinburgh).
You will liaise with key stakeholders on the product development, security, support, operational and legal teams to foster a collaborative and harmonious approach to service delivery. You will require good communication skills to ensure strategic business objectives and SLAs are met.
This role will be based in our San Francisco office or fully remote depending on location in the US and reports to our IT Director based in London.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the US server estate to ensure service delivery at an extremely high standard
- Leading Implementation and ongoing support for our on-premise installations
- Assist in the execution of long-term strategic plans for Infrastructure, Architecture and Operations
- Act as an initial point of escalation for technical operational issues that are considered a priority
- Provide expert technical consultation for our internal support teams and clients in the US
- Work with the support, development and operational teams to ensure a consistent and responsive service model
- Maintain a dialogue focused on operational continual service improvement
- Act as an architect for best-practice in system design & network design
- Linux/Ubuntu OS
- Puppet, or working knowledge of configuration management, e.g. Chef/Ansible
- Amazon AWS or practical management experience with cloud service platforms
- Strong scripting skills (Bash/Python)
- 3 years or more experience working with Docker container technology essential, Kubernetes highly beneficial
- Working Knowledge of SAML based authentication, Keycloak highly beneficial
- Experience in Terra Form preferred, Vault highly beneficial
- CI tool experience, Jenkins preferred
- Monitoring tool experience ELK Stack / Prometheus / Grafana
- Strong organisation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and collaborative approach to troubleshooting
- Good communicator at all levels
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- 401k contribution
- My Commuter Check
- 21 days annual holidays and flexible working
- Length of service holiday entitlement
- Healthcare, Dental plan and Vision insurance.
- Employee loyalty share scheme
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity work or dependent cover
- Accessible and modern office space