PhD University Grad Systems/Infrastructure/Data Engineer
San Francisco, CA; Palo Alto, CA; Seattle, WA; Toronto, Canada
PLEASE ONLY APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ONCE. Location preferences are specified within the application. Multiple applications may delay our recruitment process.
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for talented backend software engineers to help us build and deliver Pinterest to over 416 million people all over the world. You should be a generalist who's passionate about building large-scale distributed systems that are fast and scalable. We are building the world's first discovery engine, serving up millions of recommendations to an incredibly loyal user base. The team is also building one of the fastest growing online ad platforms, and our success depends on mining rich user interest data that helps us connect users with relevant advertisers. As you kickstart your career at Pinterest, you’ll help us maneuver through growth and exhilarating scale while pinpointing tomorrow’s engineering challenges.
What you’ll do:
- Work on infrastructure areas like storage, big data, batch/streaming processing, online systems, caching, spam detection, analytics and engineering efficiency, large-scale distributed systems, performance analysis, and machine learning platform
- Build and deploy systems, observability, cloud management platform, capacity engineering, traffic, and reliability
- Build scalable and reliable systems that efficiently process data for a quickly growing product
- Explore new technologies and cutting edge infrastructure designs to optimize, build and serve one of the world’s largest interests graphs
What we’re looking for:
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or closely related field
- Experience with databases, distributed systems, machine learning platforms, operating system internals, networking and file systems also a plus
- Knowledge of at least one programming languages (Java, C++, Python)
- Strong developer experience is preferred