Budapest, Budapest, HU
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The roles of DevOps/Infrastructure Engineer include being responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining the IT infrastructure using the latest technology. He ensures all the IT systems that support businesses of any size to function efficiently.
With their expertise, infrastructure engineers ensure all the systems within an organization function seamlessly.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging, and metrics systems (for example Elasticsearch, FludentD, Prometheus, Grafana, New Relic)
- Automation mindset — if you can automate it, do it. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment
- Sufficient hands-on experience with cloud environments
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and processes
- Very good English communications skills (verbal and written)
- Analytical skills and proactive behavior
- Capable to work independently as well as in a team
- Work effectively with other team members, including development teams lead, program management team and external teams within IBM
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in automated Java tests with Selenium
- Passionate to resolve reliability issues and identify strategies to mitigate going forward
- Willing to learn new skills & technologies to support diversified technical environments and business applications on Windows, Mac and Mainframe
- Knowledge of any object oriented language (VBA, Python, Java etc.)
- Experience with Windows Server 2016, 2012 Administration
- Experience with Automation Anywhere Control Room Adminstrator, AA and WinAutomation Development
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: CD CI Docker Elasticsearch Grafana Java Kubernetes Prometheus Python Windows