Implementation Infrastructure Engineer
Hatfield, Hertfordshire, UK
Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
What will you be doing?....
- Working with the Implementation Team, with responsibility for the installation of all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres and server rooms in all locations
- Working closely with the CCTV support team in fault-finding and resolutions
- Installation of new equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements (servers, network equipment and storage)
- Asset management of all Network and server infrastructure
- Provide BoM’s for budgeting
- Participates in the inventory auditing and purchasing process
- Supplier liaison - arranging orders and deliveries with infrastructure vendors
- Participates in project assistance, interacting directly with internal and external customers
- Environmental monitoring of the data centres including power, cooling and overall capacity
- Document, monitor and enforce operational standards for the data centres
- Network cabling and testing
- Demonstrate a customer focus through communication, customer service accountability, and professionalism by resolving customer impacting events to root cause
- Shows availability and commitment to customers, acknowledging and responding to customers in a timely manner
- The role will require foreign and domestic travel to visit sites and will require work in the evenings and weekends during implementation periods
- Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture by explaining data centre & office critical infrastructure
- Experience in installing, splicing, testing and fault-finding fibre optics
- Experience in installing, terminating, testing and fault finding Copper structured cabling
- Good communication skills essential (verbal and written)
- Evidence of ability to work independently
- Current clean UK driving license
- Qualifiable for an E2 Visa
- Fluke Networks CCTT Training Program
- City & Guilds 3667-02 Units 1, 2, 3 & 4
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.