Strategic Account Manager, Infrastructure
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) for Infrastructure Solutions is responsible for guiding all aspects of transaction execution with new customer prospects and existing Kinney Group customers. Transaction execution encompasses the efforts associated with direct demand creation, sales cycle management, proposal creation, and contract closure for Kinney Group reference design solutions for analytics and hybrid cloud use cases.
Kinney Group is an innovative professional services consulting firm based 5 minutes west of downtown Indianapolis and 1 minute from Long’s Donuts!! As a scale-up company with a start-up vibe, our team strives to achieve and exceed our goals daily while keeping our core values at the front of our efforts.
We can’t wait to meet you!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical knowledge of identified software platforms used in our reference designs – primarily Splunk and the VMware cloud suite. You will be able to articulate a deep understanding of Kinney Group’s reference design business and technical value to customers by completing training tracks provided within 90 days of hire.
- Provide technical knowledge of key OEM infrastructure platforms used in our reference designs – primary OEMs are Pure Storage, Cisco, NetApp, Arista, and Intel. Secondary OEMs are Dell|EMC, Nutanix, and HP
- Manage business relationships and expand reference design sales with existing Kinney Group Commercial and Public Sector customers
- Manage sales cycles to Commercial and Public Sector customers from beginning to end
- Provide sales overlay support to existing Kinney Group Strategic Account Managers that support specific assigned accounts
- Meet and exceed all sales quotas related to solutions, services, and subscription-based services revenue
- Effectively utilize both Kinney Group and platform partner resources to effectively address both customer’s technical and business requirements
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of Enterprise IT data center infrastructure sales experience
- Demonstrated expertise of strategies and tactics associated with complex sales of technology services offerings to large Commercial organizations
- Working knowledge of cloud-computing technologies, automation, analytics, and data center fundamentals
- Experience and relationships with Splunk, Pure Storage, Cisco, NetApp, Intel, Arista, and VMware selling organizations is considered a big plus
- Strong sales aptitude and great cultural attitude are a must – commitment to learning and living the Kinney Group selling model and partner-centered approach
- Customer-centric approach to selling and expanding accounts
- Competitive drive to maximize personal earning potential
- Commitment to solving customer problems with innovation and a bias to action
Who we are:
Kinney Group is a solutions-oriented professional services consulting firm specializing in automation and analytics to harness the power of IT in the cloud to improve lives. Security is in Kinney Group's DNA, enabling the company to integrate the most advanced automation, analytics, and infrastructure technologies as an optimized solution powering IT-driven mission and business processes in the cloud for federal agencies and Fortune 1000 companies. We are an elite team with a unique combination of credentials for strict security environments who serve our customers with an unexpected experience. We specialize in Splunk, AppDynamics, Puppet, and VMware to serve our customers as they journey through digital transformation.
Our colleagues subscribe to a shared ethos and purpose for the company to achieve clarity and organizational health. This translates across every customer touch point within the organization. We offer compelling work as well as leadership commitment to ongoing training and development.
Kinney Group, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.