DevOps Automation Engineer
New York, New York, US
Posted 1 month ago
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a DevOps Automation Engineer, you will be integral to the invention and innovation process. You will drive CI/CD solutions for applications that change the way both IBMers and IBM clients work. You'll work in a collaborative, welcoming environment where new ideas drive technological transformation. We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and a clear communicator. We strive to produce scalable solutions, and you will need to drive the creation and perfection of automated frameworks that both test and deploy code, as well as automate other processes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Meaningful experience in establishing automated frameworks using modern CI/CD tools
- Experience working in a microservices architecture on cloud-hosted solutions
- Understanding and application of QA concepts (frontend testing, back-end testing, etc.)
- Adaptive to ambiguity and willing to change in an Agile environment
- Experience with Agile principles and executing Agile methods
- Experience implementing and maintaining DevSecOps frameworks and practices
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership
- Experience working in a dynamic, cross-functional team
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in black and grey box functional testing including test methodologies
- Experience with modern scripting languages
- Strong organizational skills with ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results
- Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: CD CI