Director, Cloud Engineering
Boxy Charm was founded in 2013 and continues to be a leader in the beauty subscription box industry experiencing immense growth of more than 100% year over year. We work with some of the hottest brands including Butter London, Dr. Brandt, Elemis, GlamGlow, Smashbox, Tarte, Too Faced and many more.
Today, Boxy Charm has a community of more than 2.4 million followers across its social media platforms, 10 million monthly visitors online and is the #1 searched beauty box brand on YouTube. Inc magazine named it as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation. Boxy Charm is headquartered in South Florida and has an office in Toronto, Canada.
The Director of Cloud Engineering will be responsible for the continuous operation and sustainability of the production environment and cloud infrastructure in AWS. You will be responsible for leading a team of technical specialists to provide support for all customer facing environments within the organization, including all facets of Cloud Engineering Service Management and Support and supporting enterprise efforts. The incumbent assists the Director of Cloud Engineering position in pushing the envelope of a high-volume cloud services to scale and address security, reliability, performance, availability of the Production AWS and other cloud infrastructures and operations.
A successful Leader is highly technical, strong leader, organized and an effective communicator to drive results. He or she can be agile in a fast and ever-changing environment.
The position is based in Downtown Toronto. Relocation assistance will be offered to eligible candidates! Sponsorship to US for Canada based candidate is also offered.
What you will be doing
- Deliver service availability 99.9% uptime in the AWS cloud environment.
- Manage and provide updates on the projects, understand resources allocation and headcount needs.
- Provide timely and expert advice on emerging trends and technologies impacting Service Delivery and Support.
- Own the Incident, Problem, Request, Change and Escalation processes for Production Cloud Engineering Environment, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- Deploy and utilize automation tools to minimize human operational requirements, provide flexibility and elasticity across cloud infrastructure providers, and facilitate easy movement to and from the cloud.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery to end users; ensure systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Work closely with software developers to deliver CI/CD pipeline for new and existing projects.
- Create, manage and report against KPIs for the platform's operation, overseeing all platform change management and deployment activities.
- Work closely with application development and infrastructure teams on day-to-day tasks along with project planning and implementation.
- Effectively manage service requests, ensuring that requests are prioritized, escalated and resolved in the most appropriate manner.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth is understood and factored into capacity arrangements for all associated systems.
- Drive internal and third-party service level review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes.
- Provide team feedback and develop action plans to re-mediate issues, identify processes and skills required for continuous improvements in knowledge
- Support audit efforts by maintaining evidence for audit purposes.
- Partner with cloud architects and product owners to prioritize and execute improvements to the platform.
- Provide people leadership for the team, including designing training programs, on boarding programs, and identifying key players within the organization.
- Be on-call off-hours to provide support for operational tasks and site availability and stability.
What you will bring to the table
- 10+ of experience working within AWS services; 6+ of experience in a management role
- Strong understanding of major AWS services such as RDS, Elastic/Redis, LoadBalancers, Security Groups, ASG, EC2, EFS, Cloud Watch.
- Have strong experience with SIEM solutions as Sumologic, Elastic or Elk. Be proficient in building KPI reporting dashboards.
- Proficiency of Newrelic and other monitoring tools.
- Extensive knowledge of web server technologies as Apache, Nginx, Varnish, Redis.
- Experience with scripting (Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Experience working with site performance testing tools as Jmeter, Loadrunner, Octoperf, etc.
- Strong DevOps CI/CD knowledge including use of DevOps tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Ansible, Terraforms, etc.
- Be able to work in agile and high demanding environment.
- Strong management skills of people, processes and projects.