IT Client Platform Engineer (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re looking for a Client Platform Engineer to join the IT organization at Pinterest. You will help maintain our endpoint management, application engineering and administration efforts to optimize and secure our portfolio of end user services. We use best of breed tools to get the job done.
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical guidance for our client platform engineering efforts: macOS, Windows, iOS and Android. Including employee devices, service devices, on-prem servers, and AWS services
- Maintain Helpdesk focused tools to help improve efficiency around the most common requests/incidents
- Maintain automation workflows and integrations to make our applications work better together
- Work with the IT and Security teams to drive better security practices across our applications and clients
- Work with the broader IT team to provide training, documentation, and learning opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- IT systems generalist with experience in an enterprise environment with high standards for reliability and security
- Strong fundamentals in mobile (iOS/Android), macOS, and Windows
- Ability to work with commercial and open source tools to help extend our world class, hybrid model
- Empathy for end users and a passion for frictionless user experiences
- A pulse for the future of client engineering