Paiania, Attica, Greece
INTRACOM TELECOM is a global telecommunication systems and solutions vendor operating for over 40 years in the market. The company innovates in the wireless access and transmission field, offers a competitive telco software solutions portfolio and combines its offerings with a complete range of professional services.
Our mission is to shape future through technology and we recognize that human capital is the key factor to achieve this in today's business environment. Our company's highly specialized and experienced personnel are pivotal to achieving demanding objectives and advancing the capabilities of the company to better serve its customers. Within this framework, we are looking for an agile and highly-motivated “DevOps Engineer” to join a team of future shapers.
The successful candidate will be a member of our growing DevOps team in Athens, responsible to design and implement automated functional systems that improve customer experience.
The DevOps engineer will work with our technical leadership, Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Scientists to deliver, operate and improve the full stack of our technology products.
Technical skills are important, but a willingness to take the initiative to research and suggest new ideas is critical.
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions
- Build independent web based tools, microservices and solutions and write scripts and automation using Python/Java/Bash/SaltStack
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch, , Hadoop, etc.
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Implement integrations requested by customers
- Deploy updates and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or other related discipline
- Background in management of Linux based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with databases including MySQL, Mongo
- Knowledge of application load balancing and Network/Application Security
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- MSc will be considered as an asset
- Experience with fluid virtual infrastructures such as OpenStack and containers (e.g Dockers, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Good time-management skills
- Team spirit
INTRACOM TELECOM provides an excellent working environment which encourages team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning, in which the career prospects depend on each employee’s performance. Remuneration is competitive and aligned with the company’s credo “our competitive advantage is our human capital”.
Education and continuous personal improvement constitute major priorities for the company to keep abreast with the technology evolution and maintain the high growth rate and its strategic position.