Lead Data Platform Engineer
Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data sets and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
The role you’ll play:
As a Lead Engineer at CB Insights you will be part of a cross-disciplinary, self-motivated team with clear ownership and passion to form the future. Our team uses state-of-the-art technologies and writes quality code that ships often.
Our Data Engineers support critical business logic across a suite of robust services and scalable data processing jobs.
We focus on modularity and reuse where it makes sense, while ensuring that there are no constraints to delivering world-class software continuously.
Strong communication skills, adaptability and a collaborative mindset are key attributes we are looking for in all candidates.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
Your Main Tasks:
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable and tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Participate in code reviews and sprint planning, help identify opportunities, work through challenges and share knowledge with colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
- Mentor and guide other software engineers.
What you bring to the table:
- An experienced engineer who is passionate about coding and who has learned through several years of experience in the field
- Several years professional experience with dynamic and/or compiled programming languages (we use Go and Python)
- Very strong proficiency with relational databases, including ER modeling and performance optimization (we use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Aurora)
- Professional experience using messaging queues and streaming technologies
- Expert level experience building ETL jobs and data pipelines
- Experience building with Elasticsearch a strong plus
- SaaS models and cloud services preferably AWS
- Professional experience working remote or telecommuting
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Comfortable working with engineers that are remote as well as from the local office
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!