Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA
Data represents the voice of Airbnb’s users at scale. The mission of the team is to build leverage for Airbnb through trustworthy data. You will work with amazing engineers to deliver long-term, high-impact projects that affect hundreds of engineers and hundreds of petabytes of data.
- Design, build, and operate a large scale distributed, scalable system that can seamlessly scale to handle trillions of events per day.
- Implement various ETL infrastructures and guidelines on how to most effectively build and maintain them for reporting, analytics and product features.
- Write maintainable and self-documenting code, perform code reviews.
- Serve in the on-call rotations.
- Work on, and contribute to open source software, and have industry impact.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- Expertise in Java, Scala, or other JVM-based languages, and Python.
- Experience in building high performance distributed data-intensive systems.
- Exceptional understanding of messaging systems or stream processing systems.
- Experience working with Kafka, Flink, or Spark Streaming is a plus.
- Proactiveness, good communication and the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status