Enterprise Search - Site Reliability Engineer
Distributed, AMER | Distributed, EMEA
The Enterprise Search Site Reliability team is responsible for ensuring the continued reliability and resilience of the Swiftype.com SaaS product Elastic Site Search. As well as SRE duties for the Site Search platform and it’s customers, the team assists with automation and build pipeline improvements for the rest of the Enterprise Search engineering group.
We’re looking for empathetic SREs with an interest in infrastructure as code, distributed systems, and continuous improvement.
What You Will Do:
- Increase instrumentation and automation in all aspects of day to day operations for the Elastic Site Search platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues occurring in production ensuring constant improvement of the systems as a result.
- Flag, discuss and implement solutions to areas of toil and persistent friction in production operations.
- Occasionally assist the Enterprise Search engineering team to ensure frictionless and high quality build pipelines.
- Participate in SRE team's production monitoring on-call rotation, daily pairing, weekly sync and constant banter on Slack.
What You Bring Along:
- Empathy, compassion and the ability to work effectively with other human beings.
- Experience deploying and operating SaaS applications in production.
- Experience of using Unix and Unix-like systems, such as some Linux/UNIX systems administrator experience.
- An understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack (IP addressing, routing, HTTP(S), etc).
- Experience with configuration and orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform, Capistrano, etc).
- Experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios, Graphite, StatsD.
- Experience deploying and operating a relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc) in production.
- Software development experience (any platform/language etc).
- Any remote work experience.
- 2+ years overall systems engineering experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Linux systems administration.
- 1+ years of hands-on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production web service environments.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at email@example.com. We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.