Application Consultant: Site Reliability
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your day in the role will include...
As a SME in the Site Reliability competency, you will focus your efforts on site reliability engineering, monitoring/alerting, development tools, and overall performance. In your role, you will proactively contribute to solutions that diminish operational issues, help application developers build highly scalable applications, and help to gain efficiencies and increase productivity across all IBM initiatives.
Our ideal candidate is deeply passionate about continuing to learn, creatively solving problems, and understands that through well-executed DevOps practices, the entire product and engineering team is that much stronger.
You will come with...
- Application Development / DevOps Experience with Operations mindset
- Expertise in Code Optimization / Automation
- Strong Multi Cloud Exposure / Experience
- Experience with Containers and their Orchestrators
- Experience with Solution Design / Architecture / Service Management tools
- Experience in Performance tuning / Capacity Planning
- Excellent Communication, articulation & Managing stakeholder skills
- Understanding of Relational Databases and Database internals or Oracle/DB2/Sql Server
- Understanding of Storage (IBM / HP / Hitachi / EMC)
- Understanding of Service Management tools such as Monitoring, Log Analytics, Event Management
- Familiar with the TCP/IP stack, Network routing, VLAN and load balancing
- Strong Documentation skills, Build and maintain relevant technical diagrams
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Total 10+ years of IT experience
- Application development / support experience - .NET, Java, NodeJS, and ReactJS
- Development background / experience with operational mindset preferred
- Hands on experience of working on DevOps - CI/CD Toolchain, and Pipeline
- Experience of working on any one of the Cloud platforms - IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, and Google
- Good experience on Kubernetes, Container, RHOS, Lamda, and Serverless
- Solution Design, Architecture experience
- Agile Methodology
- Excellent communication/articulation skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Middleware (WAS, JBoss, Tomcat, DB2, NoSql, Kafka, etc)
- Tools - Monitoring, Log Analytics Event Management, Automation tools such as New Relic, AppDynamics, ELK, Splunk, Netcool Omnibus, Rundeck
- Performance tuning, Capacity planning, Optimization experience
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure CD CI ELK Java Kafka Kubernetes Load Balancing Oracle Reliability engineering SQL Tomcat