Infrastructure Engineer (remote)
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on October 7, 2020.
Some Federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We’re looking for a driven and organized Infrastructure Engineer to help guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. Infrastructure engineers are our authorities on implementing DevOps methodologies, building tools and services to allow application teams and others to self-service, and driving cross-team communications to ensure we ship stable and performant services. Our ideal Infrastructure Engineer wants their work to make a difference and cares deeply about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the interactions people have with federal, state, and local governments.
- All work must be performed within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively - we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process. You can read more about our homework here.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate across teams to consolidate and simplify DevOps tools and services, then support other infrastructure engineers using them in production
- Build libraries, modules, and packages for other infrastructure engineers to integrate with their projects
- Develop Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes to help deliver software of higher quality at greater speed
- Work closely with our government partners and app teams to ensure that we are shipping software that meets security, SLA, and performance requirements
- Solve problems in ways that drive towards simplicity of architecture and operations
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
What You'll Bring
- 2+ years of experience coding or operating production systems
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, or deployments of a web-based application with tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform or Packer
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like PagerDuty, New Relic, or CloudWatch
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- 2+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.