Senior Software Engineer (DevOps and Process Optimization/Automation)
Bangkok (Central World Office)
Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodation, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ talents coming from 90+ different nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enabling our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know our Team:
The Data department oversees all of Agoda’s data-related requirements. Our ultimate goal is to enable and increase the use of data in the company through creative approaches and the implementation of powerful resources such as operational and analytical databases, queue systems, BI tools, and data science technology. We hire the brightest minds from around the world to take on this challenge and equip them with the knowledge and tools that contribute to their personal growth and success while supporting our company’s culture of diversity and experimentation. The role the Data team plays at Agoda is critical as business users, product managers, engineers, and many others rely on us to empower their decision making. We are equally dedicated to our customers by improving their search experience with faster results and protecting them from any fraudulent activities. Data is interesting only when you have enough of it, and we have plenty. This is what drives up the challenge as part of the Data department, but also the reward.
As a DevOps engineer you are passionate about helping our development teams to build applications at big scale. You will work directly with developers and QA engineers to enable innovation through continuous delivery across multiple technology stacks and creating robust solutions that align to business goals.
In this Role, you'll get to:
- Automating and orchestrating workloads across our on-prem Infrastructure
- Work close with our Developers and QA to enable a DevOps culture, modernize operations and release strategies
- Lead and participate architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success
- Capture and share industry standard best practices
What you'll Need to Succeed:
- Proficient in any one programming language (i.e. Golang, Python)
- Hands-on experience with the whole SDLC: Requirement, Design, Code, Test, Deploy
- Deep understanding of the computer science and its application
- Understanding of VM and container virtualization and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Hands on experiences with Agile practices: XP, Scrum, TDD
It's Great if you have:
- Experienced in large scale distributed system
- Hands-on experience with Service Mesh and Service Discovery (i.e. Istio, Linkerd, Consul, Envoy)
- Experience with configuration management: Ansible, Puppet, Chef
Equal Opportunity Employer
Agoda prides ourselves on being a company represented by people of all different backgrounds and orientations. We prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. Employment at Agoda is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, age, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, and other legally protected characteristics.
To all recruitment agencies: Agoda does not accept third party resumes. Please do not send resumes to our jobs alias, Agoda employees or any other organization location. Agoda is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
By applying to this job, you agree that Agoda may process your personal data in accordance with https://careersatagoda.com/privacy-statement/.
#ENG #IT #4 #LI-PK1