Principal Software Development Engineer - DevOps
Remote - Seattle, Washington, United States
DomainTools is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Cloud and DevOps Platform team. In this role you’ll research, develop and deliver cutting edge techniques in cloud native application lifecycle automation using Kubernetes, Golang and Terraform to accelerate engineering productivity, reduce operational toil, increase consistency, and improve the lives of your coworkers every day.
Our team's vision is to create a self-service, GitOps driven, developer-centric platform that allows for continuous integration and deployment of our world class security applications to our hybrid AWS environment. We are curating a list of best in class tools while building what is missing to make getting our jobs done easier and deliver exemplary developer tooling.
Work closely with small, highly collaborative Operations and Development teams to architect and deploy high impact solutions and enable our DevOps culture to build platform features using Kubernetes Operators and open source Cloud Native tools. We look forward to you providing technical leadership, evangelizing the DevOps culture and demonstrating best practices including observability / metrics and security.
Do you have a passion for cloud native software, design patterns and a bias to action? Do you believe in and practice DevOps philosophy and are excited about the security space?
Key Applicant Qualifications
- 5+ years development experience building resilient platforms and/or SaaS solutions
- Deployment and/or extension of container and orchestration technologies, particularly Docker and Kubernetes
- Design, development or operation of systems leveraging IaaS, especially Amazon Web Services
- Use of microservice architectures in production
- Excellence in at least one programming language; we use Python 3 and golang
- History of working effectively in a small team environment; a strong team player and ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Positive attitude with strong attention to detail and a desire to produce high-quality results
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Defining vision and the steps necessary to achieve it
- Leadership of multiple teams toward a common architectural vision
- Proven ability to interact, present and influence at all levels of companies, from executives to engineers
- Prior experience working as a bridge between development and operations teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for Cloud Native software and design patterns
- Believe in and practice DevOps philosophy
- Excited about security space!
- Masters degree or higher in Computer Science/related field or equivalent experience
- Be strongly but wisely opinionated and open to new data
- Being a significant contributor to FOSS
- Experience with HashiCorp, particularly Terraform
- Design, implementation and/or maintenance of CI/CD automation and tooling
- Use or development of Platform as a Service technology and techniques
- Excitement over immutable infrastructure as code
- Enjoyment developing software for a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale big data infrastructures
- Experience in Data Pipelines such as Kafka
- Experience with serverless technology such as knative or Amazon Lambda
- Experience with data mining or machine learning techniques
- Experience with bash
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.