DevOps Content Developer (Remote)
NOTE: This is a 100% remote position.
Cloud Academy is the leading digital skills development platform that enables every enterprise to become a tech company through guided Learning Paths, Hands-on Labs, and Skill Assessment. Cloud Academy delivers role-specific training on leading cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform), essential methodologies needed to operate on and between clouds (DevOps, security, containers), and capabilities that are unlocked by the cloud (big data, machine learning).. Companies like Turner, Cognizant, SAS, and ThermoFisher customize Cloud Academy to contextualize learning and leverage the platform to assign, manage, and measure cloud enablement at scale.
We are looking for a DevOps Content Developer to join our international, distributed and growing Content Team. This is a customer-facing role for individuals who love the cloud, are passionate about creating valuable training content, and providing excellent customer service and guidance.
This is a mid-level role that will suit a self-starter hungry to broaden the breadth of their technical knowledge. Your experiences building and integrating applications in a business context will help you create compelling content for practitioners in the field. You will have the opportunity to extend your cloud skills across platforms and domains and you will with the opportunity to progress to other platforms and services within the content team.
- Work directly with one of our largest customers to provide them with excellent content support, ensuring their thousands of users have access to the most relevant training courses and that they are getting the most out of our platform.
- Design and create online courses, quizzes, labs, and learning paths based on data and customer feedback.
- Work with customer teams to help drive engagement and inform the content roadmap
- Keep up to date with the latest Cloud services and certifications.
- Developer or infrastructure experience on cloud infrastructure, ideally one or more vendor Certifications
- In-depth understanding of the cloud computing industry
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as excellent writing skills
- Familiar with Agile and DevOps methodologies
Bonus Points (should have some of the below)
- Knowledge of one or more common application development languages: Java, Python, Ruby, C#
- Strong experience with application frameworks, such as: Flask, Django, Node, React
- Strong experience with development tools and build process automation
- Working knowledge of revision control tools such as Git, Perforce, Mercurial
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment of applications
- Competitive compensation with an annual bonus
- Build your own workstation
- Full benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k and FSAs
- Four weeks of paid vacation per year, plus 11 holidays, 5 sick days and 6 weeks of fully-paid parental leave
- An exciting product with fabulous people
- Annual trip to the Swiss office for the Global Meeting