Linux Automation Engineer
Are you passionate about cybersecurity? Do you love working with Python and acting as the glue within a Linux infrastructure writing customized automations? Then you might be Fivesky's next Linux Automation Engineer.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in a Linux networking environment
What you’ve done:
- Worked in a Linux infrastructure with a focus on automation and tooling
- Used your Python scripting skills to automate (Ansible, Ruby, Flask, Angular, APIs)
- Worked in an Agile DevOps environment
- Worked within a network environment so you have an understanding of IP addresses etc..
- Have thorough knowledge of Unix protocols
- You work well with others and enjoy being a team player
What you will do:
- Work in a security team supporting the Linux infrastructure
- Support and work closely with both engineers & stakeholders
- Build automations for Firewalls, switches and routers
- Worked in a DevOps environment and utilize Ansible scripts to automate apps and infrastructure
What skills are helpful:
- Python and Shell scripts
- Unix networking
- GIT and Jenkins
- Automation using Ansible
- Knowledge of network security
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Montreal. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.