Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Mountain View, CA
This is the role for you, if…
- You have experience with production monitoring, trending and diagnostics tools like New Relic, AppDynamics, etc.
- You have experience supporting a high-volume customer-facing environment
- You have experience with scripting languages to enable automation of release processes, monitoring, trending, alerting techniques.
- You have experience with automation using Chef/Puppet/ Ansible in a cloud environment.
- You have experience with AWS (preferred).
- You have knowledge of application and web servers/reverse proxies such as Apache, Nginx and HAProxy.
- You have experience with logging tools such as Papertrail, ThreatStack, etc.
- You are experienced with using source code control systems such as Github, Bitbucket (or similar).
- You have knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- You have the flexibility to work under production critical situations outside business hours and weekends.
This is what you’ll do...
- Maintain Production, Development and QA environments.
- Monitor production systems for system health, performance and security.
- Be the technical expert on key operations and infrastructure projects to evaluate and improve the performance of the system.
- Understand the workload requirements and perform capacity planning.
- Monitor the SLAs for the Glooko Cloud Platform for compliance.
- Design, implement and manage security tools and systems to ensure effectiveness of controls.
- Perform security reviews of server / network / application and ensure compliance with security policies and best practices.
What we’re really looking for…
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering.
- 8+ years of working experience in a SRE role or related field.
- Knowledge of container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Experience with AWS platform.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Postgres and MongoDB experience preferred).
- Hands-on experience with Protocols, Load Balancers and VPN.
There are over 420 million people in the world with diabetes and Glooko helps those people, as well as their physicians and care team, manage the disease more easily and cost effectively. Glooko is the Unified Platform for Diabetes Management providing an FDA cleared, HIPAA compliant Web and Mobile (iOS and Android) application for people with diabetes and the clinicians who treat them. The platform seamlessly unifies data from over 50 of the leading blood glucose meters, insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, activity trackers, and biometric devices to deliver insights that improve personal and clinical decision support.
Glooko’s mobile app and web dashboard enable patients to easily track and proactively manage all aspects of their diabetes care. Glooko’s Population Tracker and APIs offer diabetes-centric analytics and supply insightful reports, graphs and pattern-triggered notifications to patients, health systems, and payers. The Glooko platform also allows customers and third-party developers to create branded modules for Glooko users.
Launched in 2010, Glooko is funded and managed by visionary technologists and leaders in healthcare.
Glooko Benefits Include:
- Have a meaningful impact on people’s lives
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, and transportation incentives
- Annual reimbursement on fitness expenses (gym memberships, running shoes, yoga classes, etc.)
- 401(k) matching program
- Valuable experience in the rapidly growing mobile health industry
Glooko provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Glooko complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posted positions are not open to third party recruiters/agencies and unsolicited resume submissions will be considered free referrals.