Core Cloud Engine Services – DevOps Administrator
Dallas, Texas, US
Posted 4 months ago
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM,you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
This team is responsible for building runtimes and services to host the cloud management components. This team is also responsible for operating the service 24x7 and maintaining the security of all our systems, such as authentication, permissions and handling of sensitive data.
If you are a talented developer who seeks responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance of personal accountability, then we would like to talk to you.
As a member of the IBM Cloud - Fabric2.0 team, you have the opportunity to directly impact and improve systems used by various teams throughout the organization, by sharing your ideas of new features and improvements. We strive to make IBM Cloud a place where you want to be – a place where you are proud to work and where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This is a senior role and will require applicants of a high skill and experience level.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain and expand function of the core provisioning systems including a large Linux, XenServer, and Netscaler systems fleet.
- Develop centralized configuration code.
- Identify and remediate any and all security vulnerabilities and issues.
- Support development teams from within and outside the organization in making use of core infrastructure.
- Configure switches and load balancers for core internal rows.
- Work with and improvements on our ansible code deployment and CICD pipelines
- Coordinate with datacenter operations personnel for hardware turn-ups and turn-downs.
- Continually improve systems and processes with regard to automation and monitoring.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong, deep knowledge of Linux computer operating systems.
- Very solid understanding of IP networking concepts.
- Intermediate to advanced programming and scripting abilities in multiple languages, which must include the bourne shell.
- Experience configuring routing and switching hardware.
- 1+ years' experience developing centralized configuration code.
- 3+ years' experience as a UNIX systems administrator.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 6+ years' experience as a UNIX systems administrator.
- 3+ years' experience developing centralized configuration code.
- Strong Ruby programming ability.
- Strong Ansible experience
- Experience in PHP and Python
- Extensive experience with Citrix Netscaler.
- Advanced understanding of IP networking, packet framing, and dynamic routing protocols.
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Linux PHP Python Ruby Unix Vulnerabilities
Job region(s): North America