SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team at SurveyMonkey, you will help define the policies, procedures, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our AWS environments.The Cloud Engineering team is also at the center of our expansion into AWS and migration away from physical data centers. This role presents a prime opportunity for providing guidance, best practices, and mentorship to other engineers while we move further into AWS.
We're looking for the right person to help with the following:
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments with well established best practices
- Define and implement standards around the utilization of AWS services
- Migrate on-premise services to AWS
- Help define our AWS account structure, IAM policies, and AWS account security at scale
- Lead in the improvement of the availability and scalability of our AWS infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, including but not limited to heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 3+ years of experience building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS
- Demonstrable experience leveraging Configuration Management tooling such as Terraform, and proven strategies for maintaining large infrastructure-as-code deployments
- Linux and/or Windows administration via automated scripting of operations within those OS environments
- Experience with Python in either a software engineering or DevOps environment
Nice To Haves:
- A solid understanding of network protocols and common services
- Experience and knowledge of Git and JIRA
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as New Relic, Cloudwatch, or Splunk
- Experience migrating from on-prem data centers to public clouds
- Experience with web standards, REST interfaces, proxy servers, and CDNs
- Mad emoji making skills
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.