Senior DevOps Engineer
If you like how Amazon revolutionized the way we shop online then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
About the team and position
The Special Projects team is a talented and humble group of people with backgrounds in Product, Design, Data Science and Engineering, that are focused on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI). Our core product is a communication platform that car buyers, sellers and Carvana Advocates rely on every day for a seamless car shopping experience. We focus immensely on the end-consumer and build our systems ground-up to deliver on that experience.
As a core member of our Conversational AI team, you will work with engineers to automate build/test/deployment pipelines, automate infrastructure, help enforce and define best practices for telemetry across microservices, keep our systems secure by maintaining best practices for access control, help build out alerting systems and work with engineers to operate software.
What you’ll be doing
- Enhance our Conversational AI platform by developing APIs and infrastructure that enable software engineers to deliver and monitor code using state-of-the art DevOps tools
- Work with the Data Science team to build out services for training, monitoring and enhancing machine learning models’ accuracy
- Drive scalability and performance within our distributed AI platform
- Full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
What you should have
- 4+ years experience in DevOps
- 4+ years experience in software development (Python, Scala, C# or Java)
- 2+ years experience in Kubernetes and Docker
- 2+ years experience in Google Cloud Platform + Stackdriver
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines for a variety of projects
- Experience with infrastructure deployments using Google Cloud Deployment Manager or other tools such as Terraform
- Operating Nginx, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL & RabbitMQ
- Solid understanding of computer systems and networks
- Production quality coding standards and patterns
It would be great if you also had
- Experience with Prometheus, Alertmanager or Zipkin
- Kubernetes Technologies: Flux, linkerd, external-dns, cert-manager/letsencrypt, Helm, nginx
- Azure Cloud Services/K8s and VSTS Build/Release pipelines
- Experience with JVM
- gRPC, TensorFlow or Scikit-learn
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits (Employee health 100% covered by Carvana)
- An amazing work, learn, and play environment
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.