Sr. DevOps Engineer
Vonage Engineering Mission: We embody the notion of be what’s next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
Why this role matters
DevOps Engineers ensure the deployment, high availability and performance of Vonage web applications. We span development, operations and quality assurance to drive software development, test and release. We apply state-of-the-art architecture and design to help create next-generation technologies and change how people communicate. You can join our team as a Sr. DevOps Engineer and grow your career with the best engineers around.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining automation pipelines related to delivering software & infrastructure
· Building and maintaining the Cloud Platforms that power Vonage Software & Services
· Assess & Manage the cost performance of the applications and systems on our Cloud Platform.
· Proof of Concept testing on open source tools, frameworks and software to assess the fit for our environment & teams
· Assist with the Design, Build and Delivery of Tools & Infrastructure to help engineering teams increase their velocity and delivery high quality software & services
· Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues related to our Cloud Platform and related tools
· Acting as a thought leader on security topics with a firm understanding of encryption in all forms, micro-segmentation and data security.
· Assess usage and utilization trends to make appropriate design and implementation recommendations towards scaling our architecture
What you will bring
· Desire to be part of a talented and motivated team of engineers.
· Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages, such as C#, Java or Python.
· Some knowledge of cloud environments and advanced technologies, like AWS, Puppet / ansible, containers, postres and MongoDB, JBOSS, etc.
· Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and listening.
· A strong desire to learn, build and grow.
· Ability to:
o Apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret technical and system problems.
o Analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
o Work effectively with technical and non-technical people.
o Handle software system infrastructure tasks, from requirements to production.
· Desire to understand and gain expert knowledge of Vonage products and services.
What is required for application
· You have 5+ yrs experience working in development or operations (or DevOps) organizations.
· Experience with object-oriented/object functional scripting languages - Polyglots preferably with a Python specialty.
· Hands-on experience working with platform automation tools including (any or all of the following) Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet or Chef
· Hands-on experience working with common CI/CD platforms like Jenkins, Concourse or Codepipeline (in conjunction with common build systems like Codebuild)
· Hands-on experience maintaining database systems (Relational or NoSQL)
· An understanding and/or practical experience with AWS Cloud Security Structures & Services (Experience with building IAM Policies)
· General understanding of infrastructure (DNS, Network Principles, etc )
· Familiarity with Git, Gitlab or Github (& GitFlow) or other DVCS
· Have the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal oversight
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.