Infrastructure and Tools Engineer / DevOps (PegaSys)
London, Dublin, Remote
ConsenSys is a blockchain software technology company focused on building infrastructure, tools, and products for Institutions, Enterprises, and developers. Our mission is to drive adoption of the decentralized world wide web (Web3) and the Ethereum ecosystem, the only current candidate to be the automatic, objective trust foundation and base settlement layer for the planet. If you are someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment where being self-directed, determined, and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
The Protocol Engineering team within ConsenSys aims to cultivate an ecosystem of blockchain protocols and tools to enable a more effective and decentralized world.
We'll achieve this through working with the Ethereum community to develop innovative enterprise-grade protocols and tools, which are scalable, reliable and easy to deploy.
Learn more about our products and team at www.pegasys.tech.
We're seeking a seasoned Infrastructure and Tools / DevOps Engineer to be the European contact on our global Infrastructure and Tools function for the protocol engineering product teams.
What you’ll get to work on:
- Improve and update our deploy pipelines
- Help build infrastructure and tools that make all our developers go faster
- Help build cloud deployment scripts for all the major cloud providers
- Work directly with external clients to build solutions that work for them.
- 5+ years as a Infrastructure + Tools (DevOps) Engineer
- Expert level understanding of Kubernetes
- Deep knowledge of at least one cloud provider (AWS/Azure/Google)
- 2+ years in a client facing environment.
- 1+ years experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Collaborative, communicative and confident in their abilities to work well with all team members at all seniority and skill levels
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple teams concurrently, across different contexts
- Experience working in a consultative nature directly with Product Development Teams as tools focussed engineer
Bonus Points for:
- Blockchain Experience
- SRE Background
- Production Java experience
- Experience working remotely or with remote teams
- Experience working with docker
- Experience optimising CI Systems (Travis/CircleCI)
- Infrastructure automation (cloudformation/terraform/ansible)
- Experience following Agile practices
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, remote first, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, team leads at leading tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. At ConsenSys we fundamentally believe that a next generation of technologies presents the opportunity to create a more just and equitable society. We believe that there is an opportunity to bring the remaining 2 billion unbanked people into the global economy and to radically transform our society for the enrichment of humankind
- A dynamic startup environment. ConsenSys is a thought leader in the blockchain space and we are absorbing a significant portion of the mindshare. This is both exciting and challenging, as we learn to scale our organization while adhering to the principles of decentralization
- Deep technical challenges. This entire ecosystem is less than 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. ConsenSys is building the technology platforms that can get us to those next thresholds of scale
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects -- challenging you to stay at the top of your game
A few important things to know
- Some travel could be required. Projects can be on client sites, so our team members need to be flexible and up for travel. We do our best to take people’s personal situations into account, but we know it’s not for everyone
- Project work at client's office locations could be required (on average 50%, but can vary between 0% and 100% depending on project)