Site Reliability Engineer
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer, located in the Gilbert, AZ area, to become part of a team of systems, network, software, and test engineers responsible for the development, production, and maintenance of border surveillance and security systems. Novetta’s core offering, GeoSpera, is a C4ISR product application comprised of a tactical and enterprise level MULTI-INT geospatial Command and Control (C2) system that synthesizes data from a vast array of sensors and systems, providing real-time visualization of the data within a geospatial common operating picture (COP) of their mission environment. This position will support in the design, enhancement, and maintenance of the GeoSpera software, as well as establish and execute the necessary troubleshooting protocols for the operational aspects of the MS3 program.
In this role you will:
- Be part of a cross-functional engineering team in the creation, fielding, and maintenance of MS3 systems with a specific focus on each system’s software, network, and cyber-security profiles.
- Develop procedures and perform action to ensure the C2 software and system match the specified production configurations and runtime behaviors.
- Support Novetta and engineering leadership to develop and maintain short-, medium-, and long-term engineering objectives across both MS3 system and C2 software. This includes improving the overall reliability, efficiency, and scalability of the GeoSpera software.
- Develop automated solutions for operational aspects such as reach-back support, C2 software and system performance, and issue response.
- Support Novetta system engineering to optimize the reach-back support process and track all trouble tickets submitted by deployed elements of the program.
- Modify and test code to resolve operational issues with the deployed version of the GeoSpera software.
- Conduct post-incident reviews, documenting findings and lessons learned to improve the program engineering process.
- Participate in the software development life cycle, to include performing capability enhancements and bug resolution when directed by Novetta engineering leadership.
- Support on-site functional and regression testing for new releases of the GeoSpera software.
- Support documentation with documenting defects according to established standards, as well as update existing GeoSpera installation, configuration, and troubleshooting guides.
- Create a knowledge base of incidents, troubleshooting actions, lessons learned, and software and system configurations that can be readily accessed by deployed elements of the program.
- Demonstrate new capabilities to internal leadership or customer representatives periodically throughout the development life-cycle.
- Support official customer demonstration, validation and verification exercise
- Interact effectively with customers and Novetta team members in a dynamic work environment.
- Participate in weekly program and technical discussions as required.
- Positive attitude with a willingness to teach and advise team members on technical and functional issues.
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- 5 - 8 years of experience and increasing levels of responsibility in the disciplines of software and systems engineering.
- Experience troubleshooting customer software and system related issues.
- Experience maintaining production systems running .NET and ASP.NET applications in Windows.
- Proficiency with software integrated development environments (IDE) and version control systems (VCS).
- Ability to document technical specifications.
- Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, scripts, imaging, and configuration management systems, etc.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or naturalized capable of working on U.S. DoD and ITAR restricted products.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Experience executing agile methodologies within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience supporting a reach-back support process, that includes identifying and resolving software, configuration, and system related issues.
- Experience with military tactical solutions supporting ISR (FMV, radar, etc.) and/or C2 solutions.
- Must be eligible to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.