Junior DevOps Engineer - ED
Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Region De, BE
As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
You have access to a high-tech environment with lots of learning opportunities and to the very latest technologies such as Chatbots, Cloud, Cognitive, Automation, DevOps, AppOps, Blockchain, and more. In this exciting role you will;
Work in an Agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems, which may include software installations, updates, and core services as well as moving to Microsoft Azure.
- Pair with development teams to enable a continuous integration environment that sustains high productivity levels and emphasizes defect prevention techniques.
- Automate and optimize processes, using tools like Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Chef, Puppet, Docker, and UrbanCode.
- Design and implement tools for automated deployment and monitoring of multiple environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test and production instances.
Our working environment: dynamic, varied and fast-paced, and one in which continuous learning is a minimum requirement. Guided by your career coach, your role and career will evolve based on your own interests, your experience, and the market needs. That’s because we believe that a job in IT is not static: IBM’ers are innovators and curious specialists; people who continue to grow in order to stay among the very best in their field.
This all includes a permanent contract and a competitive salary package with additional benefits such as a company car, laptop, smartphone, insurance package, lunch vouchers, ... and 33 days of vacation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in an OO programming language
- Scripting skills in Bash and Powershell
- Networking knowledge: UCP, TCP, DHCP, VLAN, DNS, IP, Firewall, Virtual Machines
- Basic UNIX knowledge and hands-on experience with git
- Knowledge of modern application methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- You show an interest in DevOps and Cloud
- Eligible to work in Belgium, and speak either French or Dutch as your main language, as well as being fluent in English.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate or willing to certify in the short term
- Experience with continuous integration and test-driven development is a plus
- Experience with banking and knowledge of banking products is a nice extra.
- Analytical and problem-solving skillset.
- You work in a customer-centric way and you have strong communication skills
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.