DevSecOps Container Engineer
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
Novetta is seeking an experienced DevSecOps Container Engineer to help design and implement the containerized deployment and scaling of Linux microservices in both cloud and on-premise environments. If continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), cloud infrastructure, and supporting an important national mission is something you would be energized to work on, this is the position for you.
- Architect, build, and scale out DevSecOps services and infrastructure.
- Develop automation to support service deployment to improve the availability, performance, and ease of use and management of containerized images.
- Automate the configuration and hardening of containers.
- Configure and manage production instances, including front/back-end services, build configurations, infrastructure components, deployment of services into our infrastructure, and related activities.
- Troubleshoot and debug production code
- Develop documentation, capacity plans, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for containerization.
- Position will work within a high-performing team executing in an Agile software development lifecycle and a DevSecOps framework
- Education and Relevant Experience Requirements
- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 10+ years
- Associate Degree and 8+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years
- Master’s degree and 4+ years
- Doctorate and 2+ years
- 2+ years of experience with containerized architecture and technology (Docker, Kubernetes). Kubernetes experience preferred.
- 2+ years of Linux experience of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems. Experience installing, configuring, maintaining, tuning and administering Linux operating systems.
- 2+ years of experience with system administrative scripting (Bash, Python, etc.).
- Working knowledge of general networking (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, etc.).
- Experience deploying, managing and operating production containerized clusters, preferably within a cloud environment.
- Experience with multiple DevOps, automation/orchestration/configuration management and continuous integration technologies (Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Jenkins, etc.).
- Knowledge of best practices and experience in code-based configuration, load-balancing, auto-scaling, monitoring, networking and problem solving in a cloud environment.
- Experience implementing security best practices in production environments.
- AWS Associate Level Certification.
- Experience with Amazon EKS and Kubernetes Cluster Management
- Experience with Helm templating engine
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,000 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details, or to submit a referral: bit.ly/NovettaReferrals
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.