Test Reliability Engineer (Starlink)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
Posted 1 month ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST RELIABILITY ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious goal to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) using our Falcon 9 reusable rockets. We are developing millions of devices for end users to link our customers to our satellites. As a build reliability engineer on the Starlink team, you will be working with other engineers in all disciplines to ensure reliability of the product through design, manufacturing, test and end-use.
- Develop and implement reliability test strategies for the product and its subcomponents to maximize field life and minimize early life failures
- Design and execute novel environmental, RF, and electrical testing techniques tailored to the product and its functions
- Write test programs to exercise functionality of the product over various conditions and environments
- Automate reliability test initiatives and reporting using proper data visualization techniques and thorough knowledge of the product and its functions
- Work closely with hardware, software and test engineering to maximize reliability across all disciplines
- Define the ongoing reliability testing strategy to monitor the manufacturing process health and screen for long term reliability defects caused by process and component variability
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of professional or internship experience in test and analysis, manufacturing, or a hardware development role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with both electronics and mechanical design and analysis including knowledge of RF principles
- Programming experience in Python, C and SQL with an emphasis on data analysis and automation
- Demonstrated capability to think creatively and solve complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule as an individual or as a member of an integrated team
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, aerospace, marine or automotive industries
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, and offsite as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.