Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
We are looking for talented, passionate Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to join our newly formed cloud engineering team in Berlin, and evolve our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment. You’ll join a team of industry experts who have been tasked with building, scaling and managing Snowflake's platform to enable and accelerate Snowflake's rapid growth. You will get to be a technology thought leader and solve complex problems in a company consistently rated as one of the “best places to work”.
Our first engineers in our Berlin office will focus on one of these three specific areas:
- Edge Delivery and FoundationDB (FDB)
- Cloud Platform - building a IaaS for containers (Kubernetes) and supporting services
- Cloud Infrastructure - building, supporting and automating Cloud environments to run the Snowflake service
AS A CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Contribute to the team charter to build and operate a highly scalable, resilient, and secure database and cloud Infrastructure.
- Introduce tools to facilitate greater automation and operability of services.
- Develop software to automate deployment and maintenance tasks as well as upgrades of database clusters and services.
- Participate in on-call rotation and ensure uptime of services.
- Utilize your deep experience and problem solving skills to help prevent and investigate production issues.
- Plan and lead complicated technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
SPECIFICALLY, OUR IDEAL CLOUD INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years experience in a platform or dev-ops team in a SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services.
- At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Strong development skills in Python and/or Go.
- Experience with Cloud computing toolsets - Terraform, Vault, Packer etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools, preferably Ansible.
- Firm grasp of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Strong systems background, demonstrated knowledge of OS lifecycle management managing complex OS upgrades preferably with RHEL or CentOS.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
- Specific expertise in one of three specific areas strongly preferred:
- Large scale distributed database systems, such as FoundationDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
- Core security technologies, such as PKI, Cloud, and modern cryptographic protocols/constructs, and key management.
- Expertise deploying and managing large scale services globally on one or more cloud providers.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.