Product Platform Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
Blue Prism’s vision is to provide a Digital Workforce for Every Enterprise. The company’s purpose is to unleash the collaborative potential of humans, operating in harmony with a Digital Workforce, so every enterprise can exceed their business goals and drive meaningful growth, with unmatched speed and agility.
Fortune 500 and public-sector organizations, among customers across 70 commercial sectors, trust Blue Prism’s enterprise-grade intelligent automation platform, which has users in more than 170 countries. By strategically applying intelligent automation, these organizations are creating new opportunities and services, while unlocking massive efficiencies that return millions of hours of work back into their business.
The product platform engineer bridges the gap between architecture, cloud operations and software development – particularly as Blue Prism is transitioning between a traditional Product development and delivery model and a native Cloud delivery model. The platform engineer delivers environments, automations and systems that streamline the connection between development and delivery and enables the teams within the software delivery pipeline to be more efficient.
You will interpret detailed solution architecture designs and creates automation templates and tools to simplify the deployment of a new product into the target platforms and create new automation templates, images, containers or tools to support more efficient devops and testing practices (working closely with product engineering). You will also support the deployment of new cloud-based environments to support the evolution of the Blue Prism product portfolio, where this is outside of the scope of BP Cloud operations or product development Devops responsibilities. You will also be responsible for selecting specific software components for a given environment and work with development and operations on necessary changes and implementation.
- You should have experience with Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP), Agile and Devops methodologies
- You should have knowledge in building automation for software and infrastructure (Chef, Puppet, Terraform or other Infrastructure as Code tools)
- Experience developing and delivering in a CI/CD environment, as well as experience of functional or performance testing frameworks is required
- You should also have entered DevOps from the software development side with experience building commercial-grade systems,
- Willingness to learn the right language/environment for the task at hand