Principal Infrastructure Automation Engineer
San Mateo, California, USA
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, and Automation challenges. You have experience working as a systems engineer in a services, cloud or enterprise environment, and have implemented solutions/services that are hallmark of reliability, scalability, availability, and ease of use. You will be building automation frameworks for Cloud based, SaaS Data Warehouse services. These span the full stack including helping set the direction for how we continuously integrate, deploy, verify and monitor our product/services.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions.
AS AN INFRASTRUCTURE AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Design and build advanced test automation frameworks.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers.
OUR IDEAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND AUTOMATION ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 12+ years of experience in software development (SaaS experience preferred).
- Prefer strong coding skills in Java/Python/C++
- Comfortable with Linux environments and scripting experience.
- Services mindset.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud based infrastructure systems is a plus.
- Software development experience with a highly-scalable, highly-available, and highly resilient distributed systems/services in large multi-node environments preferred.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles
AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.