Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $1 billion directly to creators on our platform. Bringing Patreon to creators and patrons all over the world is essential to achieving our mission. In order to support global growth, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to build, scale, and run our localization program.
What you will do:
- Monitor site reliability and participate in efforts to improve reliability and scalability
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure
- Find and address software and systems performance concerns
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2 years minimum experience in a large-scale production environment
- Strong programming skills in Python, and familiarity with at least one other programming language (Java is a plus)
- Experience with configuration management systems (Ansible is a plus)
- Understanding of TCP/IP and related networking concepts
- Strong familiarity with AWS, particularly EC2
Projects you may work on:
- Software performance analysis and improvements
- Managing and improving logging and metrics infrastructure
- Improving tracing and metrics coverage in 1st party software
- Migrating infrastructure from instances to containers (Docker, ECS)
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?