Director, DevOps Engineering
San Jose, CA
With over 400M connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
A leader in the digital health space is BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who have first-hand experience building and scaling digital health solutions within the regulated healthcare space. We are passionate about what we do and wholeheartedly believe in our vision to transform patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare.
Since launching the BrightInsight Platform in 2018, we have secured a number of top-tier customers, including announcements with 4 of the world’s top 20 biopharma companies. Our award-winning platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, Google Cloud’s Partner of the Year for Healthcare for two consecutive years, was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019, and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, bureaucratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The Director, DevOps Engineering will be responsible for leading the team to design and implementation of Cloud automation and orchestration for the BrightInsight platform and customer applications, ensuring environments and applications are deployed and running with high performance, quality, security, and compliance. The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based platform for the healthcare industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health data to be used for patient diagnosis and management. You will work closely with the product, development, data science, and operations team to ensure successful execution of the projects.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a start-up environment and demonstrates:
- Relentless drive to win and bring a product to market
- Start-up mentality to wear multiple hats and do what’s required to get the job done
- Passionate customer focus
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Design, build, and optimize automation systems that build, deploy and operate web, mobile, and cloud-based platforms
- Responsible for automation of configuration management of all development, staging, and production environments as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Develops self-service solutions to support delivery of software with great speed, security, reliability, and quality
- Keep up with industry best practices and trends on DevOps, and drive implementation of best practices
- Hire, develop, and Lead a global DevOps/SRE team in a fast-growing company
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes and procedures, and organization structure
- Represent DevOps in cross-functional collaboration in product requirements, architectural and security design decisions
- Research, onboard, and contract negotiations of appropriate technology tools and services
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Engineering, or a related field. Advance degree is preferred
- 8+ years experience in DevOps, SRE, or system engineering role.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud automation, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), and use of Open Source Software (OSS).
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Significant experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP and Azure)
- Experience working with internal and external development teams
- Have launched production-quality applications in an Agile environment
- Experience in managing and automating large-scale infrastructure.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Terraform, Packer, Vault, or Ansible
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Jenkins and CircleCI
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Team management experience
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Experience in SecDevOps or DevSecOps are strong preferred
- 2+ years of similar work experience in the digital health industry
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience releasing medical device digital solutions
- Familiarity with Medical Device development regulations
- Familiarity with health and data privacy regulations