Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted 1 month ago
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Big Data Engineering team is looking for a smart, passionate and curious engineer to help us scale, support and engineer our distributed analytic and streaming infrastructure. With the broad reach of the technologies we are using, you will have the opportunity to grow your network and skills by being exposed to new people and ideas who work on a diverse set of cutting-edge technologies. If you are the type of person who is fascinated by engineering extremely large and diverse unstructured data sets and if you are passionate about troubleshooting challenging technical problems with very large messaging platforms, we should talk.
What you'll do:
- Consult with our internal customers on their requirements, document, share updates and solve any production issues
- Analyze requests to determine, recommend, and plan the installation new systems or modification of existing systems
- Use configuration tools such as Puppet, Salt, Pepper, etc for configuring Messaging systems like Kafka, Rabbit, etc
- Build specs, system test plans and get them approved by stakeholders
- Build, install, upgrade or migrate massive messaging systems
- Monitor functioning of our messaging systems to ensure they operate at their peak performance at all times
- Mentor the junior members on the team
- Advise internal customers/stakeholders about or perform maintenance of our systems
- Drive best practices around messaging systems usage
- Troubleshoot and root cause issues in our complex multi-tiered production system
What you'll need:
- 5+ years experience: Kafka or RabbitMQ
- 5+ years experience with streaming and Batch Processing Platforms: Spark, Flink, Storm
- 3+ years experience with Configuration Management: Puppet, Salt, Ansible
- Operating Systems: Linux and Windows
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.