Posted 1 month ago
Virtuagym is one of the leading innovators in the digital health and fitness domain, offering a SaaS solution and 3 native iOS and Android apps to users worldwide. We serve nearly 15 million end-users, 30,000 trainers and more than 6,000 health clubs around the globe.
As a scale-up, we offer great freedom and autonomy to take ownership of projects and to develop your skills and experience with us. Our talented staff of 200+ is located in two offices: Amsterdam, NL, and Medellin, CO. We love to keep the company culture dynamic, informal and fun. As we keep on growing, we are now looking for a new colleague for our Development team. Will you join us in our quest to create a healthier and happier world?
What you will work on with your team:
At Virtuagym you have a direct impact on improving the experience of nearly 15 million end-users. The number of our users keeps on growing every month, which means that we are continuously challenged with the need for great developments and solutions to ensure the scalability, maintainability, stability and security of our product. As we have grown to serve such a high number of users, we have started the migration of the monolith to a microservices architecture in selected domains of our product.
For our Black (Ops) squad, we are looking for an experienced DevOps team member to join. This squad is the central squad with ownership of our entire infrastructure, in regards to automation, deployment, monitoring and monitoring of our platform components. You’ll be working with three other DevOps Engineers, and alongside software developers, product owners, security experts, IT support, and others.
As our new DevOps Engineer you join a smart bunch of team players, all eager to share their knowledge and to keep on learning, to build high quality solutions, and to have fun!
Some of your key tasks will be:
- Ensure high availability and scalability of our systems in planning, setup and maintenance, including regular update cycles with a focus on minimal downtime
- Take the lead in designing future proof setups for new infrastructure
- Manage projects for migration, monitoring and security, disaster recovery planning, etc
- Engineer and administer Linux based servers
- Help build on and improve our delivery pipeline
- Be proactive in dealing with platform management
Our tech stack:
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Vault
- MariaDB, MongoDB, Rabbitmq, Elasticsearch, Redis
- PHP, Python, Vue.js
- Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C
What you will bring to the team:
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Helm
- Demonstrable working experience with AWS Web Services Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with Bash and Python
- Experienced implementing CI/CD Concepts
- Experience with support infrastructure, services and tools like DNS, web servers (nginx), monitoring (Prometheus)
- You feel comfortable working with a lot of freedom and autonomy and are ready to take responsibility
Bonus points for...
- Top notch database tuning and administration skills
- Experience with Config Management and Infrastructure as Code (eg, Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation)
- Extraordinary skills on Linux command line
Here’s why you should come work with us:
Next to being inspired daily by talented and motivated colleagues and having plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, these are the main Virtuagym perks:
- You’ll be joining a diverse and international team made up of over 30 nationalities, working in an informal and fun environment
- We are remote-friendly, fully remote can be discussed
- We provide a full-time contract, 25 paid holidays per year (based on a full-time contract), 8% holiday allowance and a pension plan
- An opportunity for the dynamic career growth with a lot of support from the management team
- Stay healthy with our Health Program: we provide monthly contribution towards your gym subscription, offer free weekly crossfit & yoga classes, fresh fruit daily, and a Friends & Family gym discount
- We love to learn: join our knowledge exchange sessions (pizza included!), Dutch-speaking courses for the non-Dutchies, and more
Ready to join us?
Please do not hesitate to apply by clicking the ‘Apply for this Job’ button below! We will get back to your application within 5 working days.
For any questions on the vacancy, please get in touch with the recruitment team at email@example.com.
The hiring process for this role consists of a technical assessment and 2 video or in-person interviews.
Please note that we do not collaborate with third parties to fill this vacancy.